Home
Credits
Links
RSS News
Share
Contact

 

    Return to...
The ExpeditionFort ClatsopTour the FortOrderly Room
 

Meat Room

This was the first structure in the fort to be completed.



Sgt. John Ordway recorded, on December 14, 1805:

continues wet and rainy. we continued on with the huts. 2 men employed Splitting out plank to cover our huts with. we finished raiseing the other line of huts & began covring one room for a meat house.--


Two days later, he wrote that the meat room was now in use.


 
From Discovering Lewis & Clark ®, http://www.lewis-clark.org © 1998-2014
by The Lewis and Clark Fort Mandan Foundation, Washburn, North Dakota.
Journal excerpts are from The Journals of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, edited by Gary E. Moulton
13 vols. (Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1983-2001)