Home
Credits
Links
RSS News
Share
Contact

 

    Return to...
Native NationsMandan, Hidatsa & ArikaraOur Land Our Home
Fort Berthold Reservation, 185
Fort Berthold Reservation, 188
 

Fort Berthold Reservation, 1870

map: Fort Berthold Reservation, 1870, with label about how it gradually shrank to 7.8 million acres, and the Knife River Villages, where the Expedition wintered, no longer belonged to the Mandans.

Fort Berthold Reservation, 185
Fort Berthold Reservation, 188


 
From Discovering Lewis & Clark ®, http://www.lewis-clark.org © 1998-2014
by The Lewis and Clark Fort Mandan Foundation, Washburn, North Dakota.
Journal excerpts are from The Journals of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, edited by Gary E. Moulton
13 vols. (Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1983-2001)